Ah the joy of a new baby! Recently I was so excited to hear that some friends were expecting their first own bundle of joy so what a fitting way to celebrate the occasion with this super sweet and simple card using fun products from Penguin Palace Stamps. Super quick to create, but the cuteness factor is off the charts! Ready to start?
First I created an portrait A2 sized card base. Then I used the inner heart scallop shaped frame from the Penguin Palace stand alone Fancy Hearts Scalloped Boarders and Dynamite Explosion Boarders Set cut out from white cardstock.
Because I knew the expected little one would be a boy, I decided to use shades of blue for the card. First I stamped and copic colored the bow tie and winking baby image from the Penguin Palace Welcome Little One stamp set. I fussy cut them and made sure to trace the edges of the images with a sharpie marker so that they would pop off the card. For the background I decided to use Distress Oxide blueprint sketch for the main color. I inked, blended, then water spritzed a piece of cardstock with the Blueprint Sketch Distress Ink. I then used the large stitched heart (from the Fancy Hearts Scalloped Boarders and Dynamite Explosion Boarders Set) and cut six heart shapes.
To put the card together I stamped the sentiments “Hooray! On becoming first time parents” from the super versatile Penguin Palace Congratulations stamp set onto the bottom third portion of the card. I next glued the stitched hearts above the sentiments in pairs. I added foam adhesive tape onto the back of the baby image then adhered it, centered on top of the stitch hearts. Finally, I centered and glued the die cut scalloped frame around the image and sentiment. Lastly, I used some Wink of Stella on the baby’s bow tie and diaper and Nuvo Drops around the hearts for extra detailing on the card.
How easy and quick was that card to create? Something simple but oh so cute is a win in my crafting book! Thanks for stopping by again and as always wishing you a super crafty day 😊
- Paper: Bristol Smooth 100 lb, Recollections Cardstock White 110 lb
- Stamps: Penguin Palace Stamps Congratulations, Penguin Palace Stamps Welcome Little One
- Dies: Penguin Palace Stamps Fancy Hearts Scalloped Boarders and Dynamite Explosion Boarders Set Stand Alone Die
- Inks: Memento (Tuxedo Black), Lawn Fawndamentals Ink (Black Licorice), Distress Oxide Inks (Blueprint Sketch)
- Copic Markers
- Extras: Nuvo Glitter Drops (Midnight Sky), Wink of Stellla (Clear)
- Adhesives: Scotch Create Tacky Glue, Front Porch Treasures Foam Mounting Tape