Where does your inspiration come from? Or better yet who does it come from? Today’s card from Penguin Palace Stamps celebrates that special someone who inspires your creative spirit! What a wonderful way to show them how much they mean to you with a sweet handmade card made from the heart! Let’s start!
For this card I knew I wanted to incorporate some shine to contrast my favorite old school striped paper. To do so I chose to use Penguin Palace Stamps Splendorlux Oro Heavy Weight Premium Cardstock with two of the largest sizes of the Penguin Palace Stamps Cross Stitched and Dots Large Rectangle Overlays Stand Alone Dies to create a special 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ frame to cover an A2 sized base card front.
I next stamped the little artist, brush set, and paint tubes from the newly released Let’s Get Crafty stamp set onto the Copic friendly Neenah cardstock. I chose to color the images in Copic warm toned colors that would compliment the striped paper. I used the coordinating Penguin Palace Perfect Cuts Let’s Get Crafty to cut the images out perfectly and set them aside.
I cut an A2 sized panel from the striped pattern paper and stamped the sentiments “You inspire me” and “Let’s Get crafty” onto the top third of the panel. To add some extra fun to the card I decided to die cut two sizes of the stitched star dies from the Penguin Palace Stamps Fancy Hearts Scalloped Boarders Set Stand Alone Dies with the Splendorlux Oro Heavy Weight Premium Cardstock.
To put the card together I first backed the frame I created with foam tape. After adhering the striped paper panel onto the front of the A2 card, I adhered the frame on top of the front panel. I also foam backed the little artist image and paint tubes and arranged all the stamped images onto the bottom third of the card within the gold frame. I adhered the gold stars onto the top third of the card surrounding the sentiment then added iridescent sequins and star sequins randomly for extra shimmer. Finishing touches include Wink of Stella on the little artist clothing and paint tubes plus Glossy Accents on the pallet paint colors and paint brush tips, white gelly roll pen on the artist cheeks, and black gelly roll pen on the artist eyes. With that the card is now complete!
Such a fun card with sunny, warm colors you can’t help but bring a smile to someone’s face! Hope you’ve enjoyed this card as much as I have had fun creating it and as always I wish you a super crafty day friends till next time 😊
- Paper: Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 80 lb, Recollections 110 lb cardstock (White), KI Memories Color Theory Collection (Yellow Tilted), Penguin Palace Stamps Splendorlux Oro Heavy Weight Premium Cardstock
- Stamps: Penguin Palace Stamps Let’s Get Crafty
- Inks: Memento (Tuxedo Black), Lawn Fawndamentals Premium Dye Ink (Black Licorice)
- Copic Markers
- Dies: Penguin Palace Stand Alone Die Cross Stitched and Dots (Large Rectangle Overlays), Penguin Palace Perfect Cuts Lets Get Crafty, Penguin Palace Stamps Fancy Hearts Scalloped Boarders Set Stand Alone Dies (Stitched Stars)
- Extras: Fun Foam (White), Wink of Stella (Clear), Ranger Glossy Accents, Recollections Iridescent Glitter Shapes (Stars), Angels Craft Brilliant Sequins (White Iridescent), Gelly Roll Pen (White and Black)
- Adhesives: Scotch Create Tacky Glue, 3M Double-sided Foam Adhesive Tape