Hello again friends and thanks for joining me here! Today’s feature card brought to you via Penguin Palace Stamps is a fun way that celebrates life’s achievements! Using products from the new Spring release, the animal lover in you will be tickled with joy! Ready to create the card? Let’s begin!
Step one is to stamp the sweet flying balloon dog image from the My Best Pal stamp set onto Neenah Solar cardstock. After Copic coloring, I used the matching Penguin Perfect Cuts for My Best Pal to cut the balloon flying dog and I fussy cut the bone image. To create a fun design element, I glued the bone image on top of the dog’s mouth to portray him holding onto his special treat which I’m sure he worked so hard to achieve lol.
Next, after creating an A2 size card base from white cardstock, I cut a 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ sized panel from a piece of Penguin Palace Stamp Sandstone Series Specialty Paper in Navy Seal to cover the front of the card. In addition, for a pop of color I used the newly released Pawsome Background stand alone die with striped paper and adhered it on top of the Navy Seal specialty paper to create a fun layered background.
The sentiments on the card are also from two newly released stamp sets: “Bravo! On your big achievement” is from the Congratulations stamp set and my personal favorite sentiment “Never stop chasing your dreams” is from the My Best Pal stamp set. I die cut two stitched strips and stamped the sentiments directly onto them. To anchor the strips and add some sparkle, I mounted the sentiments onto a piece of Splendorlux Oro Heavyweight Premium Cardstock and left a 1/8″ border on the top and bottom.
To complete the card, the sentiment panel was glued onto the bottom of the front striped panel and the flying dog image was centered above that panel and adhered with double sided foam tape. That completes today’s card!
Hope you’ve enjoyed today’s featured card! Celebrations of life’s moments is much more special, particularly when you celebrate with a specially created handmade card from the heart! Wishing you a super crafty day until next time my friends 😊
- Paper: Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 80 lb, Recollections Cardstock White 110 lb, Recollections Cardstock Black 65 lb, Penguin Palace The Sandstone Series (Navy Seal), Penguin Palace Stamps Heavyweight Premium Cardstock (Splendorlux Oro), Chatterbox Scrapbook Walls (Beach House Stripes)
- Stamps: Penguin Palace Stamps (My Best Pal), Penguin Palace Stamps (Congratulations)
- Dies: Penguin Palace Stamps Stand Alone Die (Pawsome Background), Penguin Palace Perfect Cuts (My Best Pal), Heffy Doodle (Stitched Strips of Ease)
- Inks: Memento Tuxedo (Black), Lawn Fawn (Black Licorice)
- Copic Markers
- Adhesives: Scotch Create Tacky Glue, Ad Tech Crafters Tape, Front Porch Treasures Foam Mounting Tape