Hello there friends – hope your week has been a good one so far! Today’s Penguin Palace Stamps card combines two of my favorite things: unicorns and celebrating – and who doesn’t like a celebrating unicorn?!? I’d party with them lol! Ready to create the card?
First of course the images from Penguin Palace Birthday Unicorn were stamped using Memento ink onto Neenah Solar cardstock and colored with Copic markers. I also used the coordinating Penguin Perfect Cuts Birthday Unicorn dies for that perfect cut then set them aside.
After creating an A2 sized card base, I cut a 4 x 5 1/2 panel out of the Sandstone Series Specialty Premium Fine Paper in Princess Decor to cover the front base of the card. Next I used the newly released Penguin Palace Let’s Celebrate Stand Alone Die to cut the cool confetti themed shape from white cardstock. To add a bit of color I blended Distress Ink Oxide in Spun Sugar onto the die cut panel. I decided to create some interest to the background by cutting the confetti panel into thirds and disregarded the middle portion. I glued down the top and bottom portion of the confetti cut panel on top of the Princess Decor paper leaving the middle portion exposed.
Of course unicorns live in a world of sparkle, so I decided to randomly glue small iridescent hearts on to the die cut panel for fun interest. I also wanted to frame the center area of the card so I die cut scalloped strips and glued them to the top and bottom portion of the rectangle shape. Next I placed the foam backed unicorns in the center of the card as the stars of the card! After stamping the sentiments “wishing you a very happy birthday” and “time to celebrate with plenty of cakes” from the Birthday Unicorn stamp set onto white cardstock, I used their coordinating Penguin Perfect Cuts dies then glued them above and below the sweet unicorns to complete the design.
Such a sweet way to celebrate and the Let’s Celebrate Stand Alone Die is so versatile there’s endless possibilities! It’s most definitely a staple to add to your creative card making collection! Till next time – wishing you a super crafty day 😊
- Paper: Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 80 lb, Recollections Cardstock White 110 lb, Penguin Palace Stamps The Sandstone Series Premium Fine Paper (Princess Decor)
- Stamps: Penguin Palace Stamps Birthday Unicorn, Penguin Palace Stamps My Best Pal (present)
- Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Distress Oxide Ink (Spun Sugar)
- Copic Markers
- Dies: Penguin Palace Stamps Let’s Celebrate Stand Alone Die, My Favorite Things Scalloped Basic Edges
- Recollections Iridescent Glitter Shapes
- Adhesives: Scotch Create Tacky Glue, 3M Double Adhesive Foam Mounting Tape