Hello there! Today’s card is something I don’t normally create – floral cards. But since Spring is here I thought it’d be fitting to create one. You may have remembered from my IG this was one of the images I previously colored – so it was the perfect centerpiece for this card.
The floral image was stamped using Versafine Ink in Black Onyx on the smooth side of a panel of Tim Holtz Distress Watercolor Cardstock. I used Tombow dual brush colors from the bright and pastel sets along with a watercolor brush to color in the floral image. I fussy cut the big floral image and set it aside.
After creating an A2 sized card base I stamped mini polka dots using Lawn Fawn black licorice ink. Next I used an Altenew die and black cardstock to create a stripes background frame. I glued the die cut frame onto the front of the A2 panel. To add a sentiment I stamped the saying “have a beautiful day” plus a three lined image onto white cardstock and fussy cut them out.
To put the card together I first placed foam tape behind the large floral image, the three lined image, and the sentiment. I centered then adhered the floral image and the three lines image was placed beneath and the sentiment centered. For added interest I used a variety of Stickles and Studio G glitter glue on the flowers, leaves, and in the center of the three lines image. For the final touch, I added clear jewels scattered on the card front.
Floral flower cards will now be added to my repertoire – if they turn out half as cute as this card did lol! Thanks for stopping by and till next time wishing you a super crafty day 😊
- Paper: Bristol Smooth 100 lb, Recollections Cardstock White 110 lb, Recollections Cardstock Black 65 lb, Tim Holtz Distress Watercolor Cardstock
- Stamps: Wow Embossing clear Stamps (Beautiful), Park Lane mini polka dot stamp
- Inks: Versafine Ink (Onyx Black), Lawn Fawn (Black Licorice)
- Tombow Dual Brush Markers (Brights, Pastels)
- Altenew Watercolor Stripes Cover Die
- Extras: Stickles (Gilded Gold, Bright Pink), Studio G Glitter Glue (Green, Purple, Star Dust), Bead Landing Jewels
- Adhesives: Scotch Create Tacky Glue, Front Porch Treasures Foam Mounting Tape