How can you resist a sweet congratulatory scene with adorable characters? Today’s card showcases Penguin Palace‘s new Fancy Hearts Scalloped Boarders and Dynamite Explosion Boarders stand alone die set paired with the sweet Piggy Post images and also newly released Congratulations stamp sentiments. Ready to create?
After creating an A2 size card base, I used the large and medium sized Hearts Scalloped Boarders dies and cut it out using white cardstock. I also used the inner shape of the smaller heart scalloped boarder to create a background for the card.
I decided to create a dreamy backdrop and used a cloud stencil with a mix of Distress Oxide inks (Picked Raspberry, Wilted Violet, Seedless Preserves, and a little Spun Sugar) plus I added a few clouds using Tsukineko Moonlight White for added shimmer.
Next I stamped and colored the following images onto Neenah Solar cardstock and colored them with Copic markers: girl and boy piggies, tie, bow, flower bouquet (from Piggy Post) and diamond ring (from Sweet Ride). I also used their coordinating dies but fussy cut the tie, bow, and ring so I could accessorize the piggies accordingly.
To put the card together I first adhered the largest heart scalloped heart border onto the A2 card base. I cut a rectangular piece of Penguin Palace specialty paper The Sandstone Series in Lavender field and backed the second heart boarder die cut piece leaving a slight border above and below the shape. After adhering that piece down on top of the larger heart border, I glued down the cloud background as well. The sentiments I used from the newly released Penguin Palace Stamps Congratulations stamp set were heat embossed white onto black cardstock, fussy cut, and set aside.
To add a bit of whimsy, I die cut two cloud shapes from vellum and glued them onto the background with foam backed piggies floating on top. I also foam backed the flower bouquet and glued it to the left paw of the boy Piggy and the ring image to his right paw. Lastly, I glued down the fussy cut sentiment onto the center of the card to completing the cards’ look.
How fun was this to create? Hope I’ve inspired you to create a fun, whimsy card scene with the wonderful Penguin Palace Stamp products mentioned! Thanks for stopping by and until next time wishing you a super crafty day 😊
- Paper: Bristol Smooth 100 lb, Recollections Cardstock White 110 lb, Recollections Cardstock Black 65 lb, Penguin Palace The Sandstone Series Premium Paper (Lavender Field)
- Stamps: Penguin Palace Stamps Congratulations, Penguin Palace Stamps Piggy Post, Penguin Palace Sweet Ride
- Dies: Penguin Palace Stamps Fancy Hearts Scalloped Boarders and Dynamite Explosion Boarders Set Stand Alone Die, Honey Bee Honey Cuts (Partly Cloudy)
- Inks: Memento (Tuxedo Black), Distress Oxide Inks (Picked Raspberry, Wilted Violet, Seedless Preserves, Spun Sugar), Tsukineko Brilliance (Moonlight White)
- Adhesives: Scotch Create Tacky Glue, Front Porch Treasures Foam Mounting Tape