Hello there and thanks for stopping by! For today’s card I thought I’d mix it up with some awesome old and new products from Penguin Palace Stamps. Mermaids are always a good way to celebrate right? The stamp set called Take A Break paired with the sweet new Fancy Hearts Scalloped Border Die makes for a sweet combination! Let’s begin!
After stamping the mermaid and champagne images onto Nennah Solar cardstock using Memento ink, I Copic colored the images then used its coordinating Penguin Perfect Cuts Take A Break for easier cutting.
Time to create the card. To create the front card panel I took a piece of green patterned paper and used the largest rectangle from the new stand alone die Penguin Palace Fancy Hearts Scalloped Boarders and Dynamite Explosion Boarders Stand Alone Die Set to cut out a large rectangle scalloped heart boarder. Next I used a die to cut the word yay from the center of upper portion of the card. For added sparkle, I recut the yay die from a piece of the Penguin Palace Mysterious Galaxy medium weight premium cardstock then layered the letters on top of the green patterned paper die cut letters. To create a special message on front of the card I stamped the sentiment “It’s Your Day” from the newly released It’s Your Day stamp set onto the green patterned paper with Versamark ink then heat embossed it with black embossing powder.
To create the shaker portion of the card I doubled a piece of foam tape, cut that in half to create a thinner strip of tape, and followed the oval outline of the card to create a well for the various sequins I placed within the well. I also covered the remaining area of the back of the patterned paper panel with double sided tape then centered and adhered it to the white A2 card base to complete the shaker card portion of the card.
For a fun inside message for the card, I used the sentiments indulge, Pamper yourself, wishing you a happy birthday from the Penguin Palace stamp sets It’s Your Day (indulge), Take A Break (pamper yourself), and Birthday Unicorn (wishing you a very happy birthday and cake image). Now the card is complete!
Hope this sweet celebration card inspired you to create a special celebration card of your own. With the new Penguin Palace Fancy Hearts Scalloped Boarders and Dynamite Explosion Boarders Set Stand Alone Die there’s endless possibilities!Thanks for stopping by and until next time wishing you a super crafty day 😊
- Paper: Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 80 lb, Recollections 65 lb cardstock (Black), Recollections 110 lb cardstock (White), Prima Marketing (Signs of Spring), Penguin Palace Stamps Mysterious Galaxy Medium Weight Cardstock
- Stamps: Penguin Palace Stamps It’s Your Day, Penguin Palace Stamps Take A Break, Penguin Palace Stamps Birthday Unicorn
- Inks: Lawn Fawn Ink (Black Licorice), Versamark
- Copic Markers
- Recollections Embossing Powder (Black)
- Dies: Penguin Perfect Cuts Take A Break, Penguin Perfect Cuts Birthday Unicorn, Penguin Palace Stand Alone Die Fancy Hearts Scalloped Boarders and Dynamite Explosion Boarders set, Clearly Besotted (Shaker Shapes Oval Die)
- Extras: Elle’s Crafting Sequins 1991 (Mermaid Mix), Angels Craft Brilliant Sequins (Brilliant Sequin Greens, Brilliant Sequins Turquoise, Brilliant Sequins Lavender), Angels Craft Beads
- Adhesives: Scotch Create Tacky Glue, Front Porch Treasures Foam Mounting Tape