Hello there friends welcome back! Today’s card from Penguin Palace Stamps new release features the stand alone die called It’s Your Day. What a super fun way to celebrate a special occasion! Let’s create this simple, quick, and sweet card!
As I wanted to showcase the die I decided to create a simple one layer background featuring the cute dog from another new Penguin Palace Spring release My Best Pal. To begin, I die cut a Neenah cardstock panel using the largest frame from Penguin Palace called Cross Stitch & Dots Large Rectangle Overlays. Next I stamped the dog and gift images on the lower right hand portion of the panel, Copic colored it, then set it aside.
Because the focal point of the card is the It’s Your Day Call Out Stand Alone Die, I decided to create dimension by cutting the die three times. To add a pop of color, my first pass with the die was with a piece of Penguin Palace Stamp Specialty Sandstone Series paper in Princess Decor. The second run of the die I used a piece of my favorite Penguin Palace specialty paper in Mysterious Galaxy for a shimmery sparkle effect. My last run of the die was used with black foam glitter for added dimension. I glued the Mysterious Galaxy letter dies on top of the black glitter foam and set it aside. I then glued the die cut from the Princess Decor paper on the top portion of the dog stamped panel. The fun part was gluing the 3D black lettered sentiment “it’s your day!” within the pink specialty paper buble! With small finishing touches of sequins and Wink of Stella on the present images the card is now complete!
How fun was this card to create? Hope you’ll give this awesome die a try and add it to your die collection. So many fun uses for it the possibilities are endless! Thanks for stopping by today and as always wishing you a super crafty day 😊
- Paper: Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 80 lb, Recollections 110 lb cardstock (White), Penguin Palace The Sandstone Series Premium Fine Paper 43 lb (Princess Decor), Penguin Palace Medium Weight Premium Cardstock 73 lb (Mysterious Galaxy)
- Stamps: Penguin Palace Stamps My Best Pal
- Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black
- Copic Markers
- Dies: Penguin Palace It’s Your Day Bubble Call-Out Stand Alone Die, Penguin Palace Cross Stitched & Dots Large Rectangles Overlay
- Extras: Angel’s Craft brilliant Sequins (iridescent white), Wink of Stella (Clear)
- Adhesives: Scotch Create Tacky Glue